Friday, February 23, 2007

Props to the Columbia Tribune...

...for keeping a free archive of their paper going back to 1/1/1993. Most papers cut off their archive after about a year or two back, charging you to look at anything beyond that.

Because of that, I had a cool (to me, anyway) idea as we approach March Madness. Over the next month or so, I’m going to go back and post archived previews and game summaries from the 1993-94 season. We know how that season has become (justifably) immortalized by Tiger fans, but it’s always fun for me to go back and see what people were saying then. The Tigers were coming off of a disappointing 1992-93 season, so nobody really saw that level of success coming, especially since a lot of it hinged on an end-of-semester JUCO transfer. Anyway, this is interesting to at least me, and since it’s (partially) my blog, I’m going to do it. You’ve been warned.

And besides, this will a positive addition to my posting to go along with all the “What If?” scars I bring back to the forefront...