Thursday, July 5, 2007

Mizzou Links, 7-5-07

I almost think it makes more sense to get the day after Fourth of July off...especially when your neighborhood has as many fireworks-shootin' kids who stay up really late shootin' fireworks as ours has...I'm going to be a zombie today...

  • PowerMizzou's ongoing football opponent preview has reached the Nebraska game. I really really hope Mizzou's 4-0 at that point...would be Mizzou's best chance at a breakthrough since...I dunno...before I was born??
  • Kareem Rush is now an Indiana Pacer. That's great and all...I just really though Kareem was going to stick in the NBA better than this. I realize his work ethic wasn't much of anything, but still...
  • P.J. Carliesimo? Really? I realize he's got tons of Spurs blood in his veins and all, but...Sprewell aside, P.J. seemed out of touch with players a decade ago...
  • And finally, I'll take the time to mention once again that Wimbledon looks fantastic in HD. That, and in a 'Short People Unite!' moment, my 5'1 wife was very encouraged watching cute little Justine Henin (okay, she's 5'5...not exactly a shrimp...and not exactly all that cute) taking care of 6'+ Serena yesterday...I told her that Henin is no Amanda Coetzer (a legitimate 5'2 and smoking hot)...which made me happy because it gave me an excuse to look up Coetzer pics on Google...